Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Daycare

Nick started day care a few weeks ago. It has been too much for me to keep him at home while I try to study. I am not making the grades I would like and am missing out on family time. With much contemplation we have decided that quiting my part time job is what is best for our family at this time. I will be able to study more and Nick will be building a very secure structure for school in the future. Unfortunately, Nick does not like school. He cries when his dad or I drop him off and seems way to excited when we pick him up. It has been very hard to make this transition. We have decided that we need to look for another school to make sure it is right for Nick at this time. I really hope that what we choose is in the best interest of our child. Any suggestions? Remember he is only two years old.

2 comments:

aczumbahlen said...

Daycare is hard. Especially when you don't know the caregivers personally but must trust them with the most important thing in your life. I have found that daycare just has to become part of the routine. They just get used to it.Hadley only cries when I take her-which is only once a week.I think it is because it messes with her routine.(Ususally the girl that gets the kids ready for school and gets them on the bus takes her)We have it much easier in small town USA because we all know each other.I am sure it is harder for you Amanda, because the people you leave your son with aren't lifetime friends or acquaintances. I can't imagine how hard that must be.Hang in there-and remember-stick to a routine as much as possible.It is also a good thing for him to develop those all-important social skills!

Dawn said...

Daelyn threw a complete fit this morning when she had to go to the dreadful DC place. She just would much rather go to school.

But now that you have a new daycare, hopefully things will get better.