Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Floating Away!

So things are starting to somewhat get back to normal. I have my nephew Xander with me for the week. We went to the zoo yesterday and had a really good time. Rachel and Taylor treated us to lunch at the Boathouse! It was fantastic. We were able to get a table by the water so the kids could feed the ducks while we ate.
Low and behold though something had to happen. At 6:20 am I am pulled out of a deep sleep by the sound of my husbands voice saying OMG! I asked him what was wrong (normally his is very quite and tries to not wake me while he is getting ready for work). I get up to look for myself and realize our entire kitchen and most of our living room is flooded.
We had a plumber come to our house on Monday to fix out toilet and hook our ice machine up. Well apparently he bumped something and after a few days the hot water line under our kitchen sink came apart. Needless to say it could have been running for hours. It was not like that when I went to bed at midnight.
We called the insurance company to report the claim. His initial estimate is already almost $4,000! We have been sucking water out of our carpets all day. Our laminate flooring is bowing and there is water standing in our air conditioning ducts. I seriously just sit back, look at the water and laugh. I keep telling myself that someone else probably has it worse than me.
We will be without water until sometime tomorrow because the plumbing company would like the original plumber that did the work to come out to fix the problem. I wonder how many excuses they will come up with to try to get out of paying this bill? Thank goodness for homeowners insurance.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

OMG is Right!! Can you believe the luck?? I feel for ya.. that would suck bad!!

It's nice hearing that you are able to laugh about the situation.
What else can ya do..laughter is better than stress or kicking/screaming.

Jamee said...

Wow, glad you have insurance.