Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mothers

After reading a few blogs this weekend I began to think about what Mother's Day means to me and why my mom is so special to me. I am so very sad that I will not be able to spend Mother's Day with my mom this year because I have to work. I won't be able to attend church with her or hug her and tell her how much I love her. It actually really has me in kind of a funk. I have never went without seeing my mom on this special day and I want more than ever to be with her. I am glad I have an understanding mom, but it still crushes me not to be with her.

If any of you see her out and about please stop her and hug her for me and let her know how much I love her.

I have known my mother for almost thirty years. We have been through so much together as a mother and daughter team that it is really difficult to decide where to begin. I know that many, many times we did not see eye to eye, but I always knew that no matter what I did, or who I wanted to be my mom was always there for me.

From the time I was a small child I can remember my mom giving up something that she may have really wanted or needed to make sure that my brother and I did not have to know what it was like to go without. It seemed like she always found a way to make us happy no matter what the cost.

My mother is a person that I idolize. I hope that one day I am able to be even half the woman she is. she has been through so much more than many of you may ever know, and yet she still finds the time to smile and help others. She lives every day to the fullest...like there is no tomorrow.

Friendship is something that is second nature to my mother. There is not a person who crosses her path that she does not take the time to make feel special.

There are not words for me to describe exactly what I feel for my mother. There is no way I would ever be able to put into words what makes her so special.

All I know is that she is the best mom a daughter could ask for. Without her, I would not be the woman I am today.

I love you Mama...Happy Mothers Day!

1 comments:

Jess said...

Happy Mother's Day Amanda and Lisa!!