Friday, November 14, 2008

Daycare: Day Three

Today was day three of Nicks new daycare. He went to bed quite early last night. I think it is starting to wear him out being at school for most of the day. Well when he goes to bed early he tends to get up early. So we decided to start out the day with a little snuggle time in bed while watching Noggin and eating powdered donuts. (Although he did ask for matawoni and cheese again) I got his bath ready after breakfast in bed and then proceeded to get him ready. I fixed his hair and of course he asked for a "splash of cologne". Gotta smell like daddy. Now Ryan absolutely hates it when I give Nick the Mohawk. I on the other hand love it. (see pics below) Everything was great, except the weather. We pulled into the parking lot and little man asked where all his people were. I told him they were already in class. He asked me if we could please say hi to the three little fish fish by the front door and of course I told him that was a great idea. We buzzed ourselves in and he walked to say hello to his aquatic friends. We then proceeded down the hall to the "Cookie Monsters" room. When we walked in he was fine. I signed his name on the sign in sheet and told him how much I loved him and that I would see him at Mommy time.(4pm) As I was trying to let him down I felt the all to familiar clench of little hands around my arm. Then came the tears. OH NO! Please not again. Miss Jenny took Nick and reassured him I would be back before he knew it and that it was time for music. Side note: everyone commented on how much they LOVED his hair! Music was not enough. My little man cried for me. I had to turn around and leave. The funny thing is though that I do not get that little sick to my stomach feeling when I leave him in the hands of Miss Jenny like I did at the other place. I called a few minutes ago and they assured me he was much better...eating, playing, and interacting with all the other kids.I just hope this time he starts to adjust better. They suggested that maybe we bump him up to 5 days vs 3 in order to get him into more of a routine....any suggestions? Oh and what do you think about the hair?





5 comments:

Mrs. Carr said...

I think the hair is adorable. And as for daycare, it sounds like this Miss Jenny is more than capable of taking care of Nick. Adjusting to someone other than you and Ryan will be good for him in the long run.

JenniJones said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JenniJones said...

i think five full days of day care is a great idea. i use to take my kids to daycare only like tow or three days a week for half days while i was in school.. marina cried the whole time i was gone.. but when i use to work full time and the kids were in 6am-5pm mon-fri they both did great. i'm sure he will to with more time.. Hang in there it will get easier.. and btw the hair is adorable!

Dawn said...

Love the hair. The man had a full one for a while. We just recently cut it off and everyone misses it now.

5 days a week I think is a great idea while he adjusts, you can always go back down afterwards.

Also, try having Ryan bring him someday and see if he gets the same reaction.

And you'll still get tears on some days. Daelyn's done daycare her whole life. But now that she's at preschool too, she's not as thrilled with daycare.

The man, however, he doesn't care if I'm there or not. He does, however, throw a fit in the evening if I pop out of the room, then he thinks I left him.

Best of luck. He'll get used to it. And pump him up the night before and again in the morning before you bring. Yay! Daycare time! Time to play with other kids! Miss Jenny Time!

mylifeastina said...

Keeping it routine for him might be the key. My son, Hunter, was switched to a new daycare (The Treehouse) when he was 2 1/2. It was tragic for me. For almost a month he cried and clenched me. I didnt have an uneasy feeling because I would slip out while he was crying.. wait and about one minute later the tears were gone and now about a year into this.... he doesnt even care if I leave or say bye or kiss him... Ugh.. do i want him to throw a fit.. no .. but do I want kisses before I leave... yes. Hard toss up!! LOL! But I agree.. having a good daycare is fanastic. I love my daycare or school as Hunter calls it.