Thursday, June 19, 2008

Underoos

I am so proud of my son. He is not even 2 and he tells me almost every time he needs to go potty. He has been doing this ever since we bought him the seat that fits on the big potty. I thought that he would enjoy the musical potty seat, but boy was I wrong. He LOVES the big boy potty. I got a seat cover that looks like a basketball. I have a very hard time getting him off of it. I put a jar of MnM's by the sink, and when he goes potty he gets one. This has seemed to work wonders. I decided it was surely time to try out the old underoos and see how things would go. My husband thinks this is just not right and he is way to young. I on the other hand feel that if he is coming up to us and saying potty and following through, it is definitely time. What do you think?



4 comments:

Nancy said...

GOOD JOB NICK!!!

I have 2 boys and from my experience with them is if they
are telling you they have to potty/poop them its time to train.

But if you are pulling your hair out trying to train him and its not working...then just wait.

I started working with my oldest at 15 mos. and it wasn't working out very well. At 18 mos. I tried again,but he would only go in potty once in a whlie.

On his 2nd Bday he told me he had to potty, and from that time on I had no problems.

My youngest, I had alot of problems with his training.
He would potty the bed just about every night until he was 7.

That concerned me. The Dr. told me this wasn't unusual for kids.
Many kids do this.It's just somthing parents don't talk about to others.

Best of Luck!!

Dawn said...

If the little one is interested, go with it and RUN like hell.

Aubrey said...

I agree with Dawn. Grady went pee almost every time with no problem. Plus, we live in the country, so if you have to go, you drop your drawers where you are and go. Poop was a little struggle, but once we did underwear and no diapers at all - he has done great. Even at night!!

Go for it, Amanda!! Don't look back!!

Jamee said...

I agree with Dawn, diapers suck. Plus, everyone tells me summer is the time to do it. I would be all about Hayden if he was a year older. Emily was 2 years and 5 months, I felt she was behind. Good job Amanda, its hard to potty train.