Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thoughts for the Day

This picture has no meaning to this post, I just thought I would include it. What a day it has turned out to be. My day started with the annoying sound of my alarm going off. For some reason I have been without a good night sleep for about 20 months (right around when Nick was born). I wake up tired each day and go to bed tired each night.
It has rained for what seems like 40 days and 40 nights and I just want it to quit. Spring has officially started, however it feels like we live in Seattle.
When I got out of the car on my way to class this morning, my umbrella flipped up and was useless to me for the rest of the day. I was completely soaked. (My classes are in three different buildings all across campus) Needless to say I feel a little chafed from wearing wet jeans around all day.
I had a test in my logic class today that I feel very bad about. I am pulling an A, but am disappointed that because of my new job I have lacked in the studying department. I hope that the job doesn't interfere with my GPA. It will really disappoint me.
I really miss my little Nick man. He goes to bed before I get home from work and wakes up way after I go to school. Thank goodness this only happens a few days a week. I don't think I could handle much more than that.
I have two huge tests next week and have to work all weekend. That means all my spare time will be spent studying instead of taking Nick to the park. I keep telling myself how this will all be worth it very soon. I just have to keep positive and remember I am doing this for Nick.
On a positive note...I ate the new pasta from Pizza Hut for supper tonight and it was very good. Thank goodness I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Hang in there, it will get better! I know how you are feeling. Keep strong, it will all be worth it in the end:) Have a good day!

Christina said...

You can do it! Just take it all 1 day at a time. I know how you feel... I used to work, have school, cook, clean, etc... no time for Calvin. A schedule helped. I alloted certain hours just to him. I also scheduled specific study times so I wouldn't skip out on that!

Amanda M said...

Thanks for the encouragements and the tips. I needed a little motivation right about now!