Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Favorite Recipie



I had the best of intentions to post this a few weeks ago after Sarah posted the "What did you have for supper last night post?!" (which I love by the way)

Better late than never. My favorite thing to make is Lasagna. My mom tells me its is the best, but isn't that what moms are for. So try it for yourself and let me know.



1-2 lbs ground beef

1 small onion

1 green, red, and yellow pepper

1 clove garlic

Italian seasonings

salt and pepper

1 large container mushrooms, sliced

1 can tomato soup

1 large can whole tomatoes, chopped

1 large container of prairie farms cottage cheese

2 bags mozzarella cheese

6-9 lasagna noodles

In skillet brown ground beef with the onion, garlic, peppers, salt and pepper. Drain. Return to pan and add tomato soup, Italian seasoning, mushrooms, and chopped tomatoes. Cook to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes. Remove from heat and add cottage cheese. Boil noodles until Al Dante. It makes the lasagna a little less runny when the noodles are not done all the way. In a 9x13 baking dish coat the bottom with a small amount of sauce. Layer noodles, sauce, cheese. Continue until all sauce is used. Add cheese to the top. Make sure to cover your pan with foil so that the cheese does not burn. You may want to put toothpicks in the middle of the pans so the foil does not stick to the cheese. Bake on 350 for about 30 minutes or until cheese and sauce bubble. let sit for about 10 minutes to help thicken. Enjoy!!!!

6 comments:

Sarah D said...

yum-o!

I will post my recipe soon-I assume that is the challenge you are giving us.

I love the "what did you have for dinner" thing so much! Yours is usually the best! It kind of gives you even more of a glimpse into everyones lives.

Amanda M said...

I really like it to. I think you should do it every week!

Anonymous said...

I guess the glimpse that y'all are getting about my family's eating habits is:

Those poor kids...eating leftovers, or "Whatever they can find!"

(sniff, sniff)

Sarah D said...

Tracie,
Even if they are eating leftovers, you had to have made that food at some point!

I will try another night soon! Maybe this time you will have been home.

S

Amanda M said...

Heck even if your not home just say what you had the night before!!

Nancy said...

I know your lasagna is excellent.

I make mine the same way, minus the mushrooms and tomato soup.

MMM Lasagna!!!