Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Dear Mom,

It has been six months today since I last saw your face. There is not a moment in the day that I do not think of you. I miss you just as much today as the day you left. I miss your wisdom, your smile, your humor, and your compassion. I learned so much from you in the short time I was able to be blessed with you in my life. It still seems so unreal to me. I wait for the day you come to me in a dream to tell me you are okay. I know you are, but I am selfish and want to see you again! This picture of you wearing Nicks little golfin' hat to keep your head cold just reminded me so much of your laid back personality. Because of you I am the woman and mother I am today. Although I can hardly bear the thought of you not being here, it would be harder to watch you suffer. I know you are in a much better place, but that still does not fill the hole I have in my heart! I miss you and love you so much!

Love,
Amanda Rene'e

7 comments:

Christina said...

(((hugs)))
You will get your dream. Just trust me. :-) If you need to talk, yell, or cry - you have my number.

Emily Volkman said...

Oh,,,, that brings tears to my eyes, and my heart goes out to you,, I just can't imagine,, you are so strong..

Kelly R said...

Thinking of you on this tough day!

Betsy R said...

My heart is aching for you. I can understand how you feel. Please call anytime. You are a brave woman.

Dawn said...

Oh my Amanda. I just want to hug you right now. Call me if you need anything. Or an email is fine too!
Love,
Dawn

Kocher Family said...

I got your post on my blog a while back and never got the chance to post on yours. I think of you (and others that have lost loved ones) often. Just know that we are thinking and praying for you!

kellyhemrich said...

What a beautiful tough woman! I know she is so proud of you & has so many with her watching over you.