Sunday, January 11, 2009

We Have the Bug














The last couple of days have been...well, lets just say filled with way too many bodily fluids. On Wednesday I started to have a really sharp pain in my stomach. I couldn't get comfortable in any position. By Friday I could barely stand the pain so I called the doctor as soon as I woke up. I ended up having a cat scan because they were worried about my appendix. Thank goodness that was not the case. I have a cyst on my ovary that is causing me pain. I also had a touch of the flu bug. FUN! The in-laws offered to keep Nick on Friday night so I could rest. Thank you, thank you, thank you!




6:30 am Ryan's phone rings. Nick has been throwing up since midnight. GRRRR! The in-laws bring him home and even though I am not well myself I get up to care for my little man. I offered him fluids, but as soon as they would hit his stomach (I mean instantly) up it would come. He could not keep anything down. He was beginning to look quite dehydrated. I called the physicians exchange and they suggested he be seen at Children's. So we made the trip to STL. After a bag of fluids and some anti-nausea medicine, Nick was a whole new child. All was good through the rest of the evening and he even slept in his own bed. No more episodes. I was thankful for that and thought the worst was over.....WRONG!




Nick came into our room at about 7am with the same symptoms. Thank goodness the Doc sent home some of that fantastic medicine. All is well with Nick, but now I have a bigger baby to care for...Ryan has the flu!


6 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh No! We've had that flu bug. Keep it there please, we don't want it again.

Hope you all feel better soon.

Nancy said...

Hope all of you get to feeling better soon!!
I am fortunate, Marty is good when hes sick, not like most of the guys

Sarah D said...

Hope you all are well soon and that you keep that awful flu in your part of the world!!

Good luck with a sick husband. If yours is like mine, they are big babies!!

Amanda M said...

The biggest babies are definately men. This is the first time Nick has ever had the "throw up flu". He was REALLY good. Told me ever single time we needed the bucket. Amazing!

Mandy K said...

We had the "bug" right before Christmas. Its so fun. I think AK and I had it the worst. The kids just felt bad and were cranky. I also had a cyst on my ovary one time. Hurts like hell when they burst. It doubled me over in pain for a few minutes then I felt fine.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully all is feeling well in your household. Gary and I both got stomach flu. 1 day was stomach 2nd day was a terrible, terrible headache. Hopefully our kids do not get it.