Sunday, January 4, 2009

Twenty minutes of my night last night.....

Okay...So last night was one of those nights. It was around 9:30 pm and Ryan was on his way home from his friends house. Nick was crabby from not having a nap all day and I decided it was time to go to bed. I set his sleep timer so he could watch Oswald to fall asleep. (I know, I know, kids shouldn't watch so much TV) Anyway, when the TV kicked off out came Nick. No clothes like normal. He really likes to undress himself when he doesn't want to go to bed. So I step into his dark room and feel something warm squish between my toes. About that time the smell hits me. I do the one legged hop to the light switch only to notice he has pooped on his floor and I stepped in it. This is not the first time he has done this either. GRRRRRRR! So I hop to the bathroom set Nick on the pot, clean myself and my son up and proceed to clean up his floor. I get Nick dressed and back to bed, once again turning on the TV sleep timer. I kiss him good night and close his door. I no more than sit on the couch when I hear this very loud crash. My motherly instinct told me exactly what had happened. I ran to Nick's bedroom to find a screaming, terrified child. He had tried to climb on his dresser to mess with his tv and the dresser and TV both fell over. He came out of the situation with only minor scrapes on his ankle and leg. I have NEVER been so scared in my life. He continued to assure me that "I will neber do dat adin mommy! Dat sdared me." I know my mom and God had to be watching out for him last night.

0 comments: