Friday, January 16, 2009

In two days I will be turning the big 3-0. I am just sure my husband has some extravagant surpise party planned for me for this big milestone. (yeah right!) I hear so many people talk about being scared to turn thirty. To me thirty is just another number. I say bring it on. I feel like thirty marks a time of change and new beginnings in my life and honestly I welcome them. I thought I would try to post thirty things you may not know about me or that I would like to change about myself in honor of this big day.

  1. I played in the World Series of Poker in Las Vegas in 2005. I was able to meet some of the big wigs you see on TV. It was really cool.
  2. On August 15th, 2005 I had to have half of my liver removed because of tumors that weighed nearly eight pounds. They were caused from birth control pills. I was in the hospital for 7 days and am now unable to ever wear a bikini again because of the scarring. The doctors told me that I would never be able to have children.....three months later I was pregnant.
  3. I feel guilty about not being able to spend a lot of quality time with Nick while I am in school.
  4. I let my husband (for the most part) chose my sons name...Nicklaus Tiger....I get to name the next child.
  5. I have baby fever, BAD!
  6. I miss my mom today as much as I did the day she died.
  7. I have a facebook page. It is kind of addicting, but I feel like maybe I'm too old for something like that?
  8. I enjoy drinking wine. Especially dry, reds.
  9. I am really close to my family. For those of you who know my family, enough said.
  10. I like to watch forensic shows. They give me nightmares, but I watch them anyway. The crazier the better
  11. I miss my friends from Newton. I wish I had not lost touch with them. In the new year I want to do my best to keep up better.
  12. Sometimes I need to take a step back and realize that Nick is only 2. I could be a better parent.
  13. When I go to the store, I try to purchase things that are organic as long as I can fit them into our budget. Dang it is expensive.
  14. I also try to buy everything whole grain. Expensive too
  15. I have numerous "green" shopping bags, but I ALWAYS forget them. You would think I would use the paper bags, but no I opt for the plastic. Something I need to work on.
  16. I got many, many nice things for Christmas, but my favorite things were my gift cards to Starbucks.
  17. I love to cook, but we eat out alot.
  18. We very rarely sit at the kitchen table to eat supper. Usually it is in front of the TV. This is something I should change now while Nick is still young and receptive.
  19. I love to grill and eat outside on my patio. I would love to get my husband to share this passion.
  20. I fly off the handle very easily. This is a big downfall of mine.
  21. I am a purse fanatic.....Thanks Sarah. You help keep this guilty pleasure of mine alive!
  22. I have had Nicks pictures taken a few times, but NEVER for his birthdays. I am very disappointed about that. This year he will have 3 year old pictures. We have never had a family picture taken either.
  23. I would like to know how to post a link without typing www.etc.
  24. I wish my mom would come to me in a dream. Other people tell me she has come to them, but why not me?
  25. I love to read. Mostly non fiction and autobiographies.
  26. My house is always messy. I try so hard to keep it clean, but with a two year old and a dog it is sooooooo hard.
  27. I have fantastic In-Laws who are helping me get through school.
  28. I still have some Christmas decorations up.
  29. I am thinking about selling Longaberger.
  30. I want to find a Church. I continue to say this, but for some reason don't follow through. It is not like back home where you would know every face you saw when you walked in. This is the one thing I want to change this year.

4 comments:

Jamee said...

I swear, 30 isn't bad. I can't even remember what I did on my big day. But, the best part of my birthday was getting my new license picture taken. I have to tell you, I look better now than I did 5 years ago, I am a HOT 30 year old mama.

Megan said...

Amanda you post the things you did and the things you want to do. Do them don't wait anymore time. You should know life is to short to wait until you have more time for all of this. I know just how hard it is to work, raise a family, go to school, and take care of a house, and a husband to. You can do anything that you put your mind to. Anyways I always say your not old unles you act old! Happy Birthday do something fun with Nick and without him! Don't forget to take care of the most important person You, without you being happy and healthy your family will not either.

Debbie C. said...

Turning 30 was a tough birthday for me and I don't know why. The rest have all been fun and a breeze though! You will love your 30's!!!!

Sarah D said...

By now you are 30!!

Happy Birthday my dear!!