Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

Christmas is supposed to be a magical time of family and fellowship. This year I have struggled to get into the spirit at all. I have so many things to be thankful for, but continue to wonder when things will get easier. Today as I watch all of the children around me enjoying the season I pray that one day they will understand the real reason for the season.

Today I think about all of those who need prayers that may help them to make it through this day.

To my brother and his family. Mom has always been so proud of all of you. She loved her grand boys more than anything.

To my step dad Mike. Thank you for loving my mom unconditionally. She was so lucky to have someone like you in her life. You truly brought her so much joy.

To Mamaw's sweet pea (Nick). May you someday know just how much your mamaw loved you. May her memories become real to you someday.

To Kathy, Tisha and Jesse. I know this has to be one of the hardest days of your lives. Every first holiday seems to really take a toll when you are unable to spend it with the one you are missing the most.

To my blogger friend Christina. I am thinking of you so much on this holiday. This is by far the hardest. I hope you enjoy your time in Disney!

To Betsy and Olivia. Words cannot even begin to express how sorry I am for this tremendous loss. You are continually in our thoughts and prayers.

To all who have loved ones who are unable to be with us today. Keep their memories alive and cherish those who are still with us.

Merry Christmas.

1 comments:

Christina said...

Merry belated Christmas! I thought of you a lot on Christmas day. I wondered how you were doing and if you were getting through the day. Maybe next year things will be easier. They will surely never be the same. (((hugs)))