Monday, December 8, 2008

Life

Life can come at you so fast. Things hit you as if you were speeding at a brick wall at 100 mph. I stop myself and wonder where in the hell do I get off? I just cannot believe that after only 4 short months this is happening again. When I face my aunt and cousins for the first time what do I say to them? How can I tell them things will get better when they are far from better for me? I feel so much for my aunt right now that I cannot even begin to tell you. She lost her father in April of 07, her sister in Aug of 08 and now her husband. My cousins lost their aunt only 4 short months ago. I really feel like I am in a dream. I want to be strong for all of them, but at the same time all the feelings are coming rushing back. The emptiness... oh the emptiness. I just want to wrap my arms around Tisha and tell her it will be okay, but deep down I know honestly it wont be for a very long time. I just hope they all know how much I truly love them all.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

I jsut don't know what to say. I am so sorry. As hard as it is, please remember that God will not give you more than you can handle.

I really feel that your family is going to have much better days ahead in 2009!!

Praying for peace and guidance for your family.

Shasta said...

I wish I could hug you, Amanda.

Thinking of you & your family,

Shasta

Christina said...

I'm sure your family knows how much you love them and how much you care. Remember that you are still healing and you have to take care of yourself first.

Browningblog said...

Amanda, you probably don't remember me, you used to cut my hair at Olney, I used to live down there, I had went to school with your Aunt Mary Kay. I don't even know where to begin to tell you how sorry I am for everything you are going through. I have been down that road, and I won't tell you I know how you feel because it used to drive me nuts when people would say that, nobody but you knows how you feel. I lost my dad when I was pretty young, within the next three years and three days, my mom's 3 sisters all lost their husbands. During that time, my mom spent time in the hospital and we were told she wouldn't make it,it does get to feeling like it will never stop. Just remember God gave you a beautiful family and great friends to be there for you and your family. Just wanted to let you know one more family will be praying! You can only say you have to find a new normal, and it will come with time. Take care.