Tuesday, November 11, 2008

New locker, new friends, new daycare

After many days of Nick screaming and yelling before we even got into the car to go to school and the all expected leg clench that absolutely broke my heart, we have found a new daycare. Something about Nick's old daycare just rubbed both Ryan and I the wrong way. After well over a month it seems like Nick really should have been becoming comfortable with his school. I am not sure what happened there, but he was not happy there at all.
He is now enrolled in St. Henry's Creative Learning Center. We took him a few times to meet the staff and other children and he was a completely different child. He did not cry when Ryan and I walked away from him. He interacted with the other children. He even told us yesterday when we went that we Mommy and Daddy could go home and leave him there.
It really makes me feel guilty for leaving him in the other school so long before taking him out. I just dropped him off at the other school and it was so much easier. He seemed to just seem more comfortable. I really hope this works out.

5 comments:

Jess said...

Nick is so cute!! I hope he does well in his new school:)

DeAnn said...

It's hard telling what caused him to feel uneasy there. It may have been something minor...however, it's good to know that he's comfortable now. It does break your heart to know that they're sad to see you go!

Anonymous said...

Manda...he is growing by leaps and bounds!

Don't beat yourself up over the whole daycare thing.

I'm glad we will be "seeing" more of you!!

Sarah D said...

Sounds like you did the right thing.

With a name like St.Henry's it has to be good.

Dawn said...

It's amazing the difference makes between a good daycare and a questionable one, esp ones you can't figure out what is wrong.

I hope all is better now!