Friday, May 16, 2008

Mom Update

My mom called me on Monday. This was nothing unusual to me as we speak to each other after each of her doctors appointments. When she started the conversation this time though, the first thing she said was "Now please don't be mad..." I was not really sure what to expect. After not being able to spend any time with her on Mother's Day, I was worried about what news she may have to tell me.
She informed me that last week she has a catscan and did not tell anyone. She said she just didn't want to worry any of us. I let her know that I completely understood her reasoning for not telling us, but I was curious to know what the doctor had to tell her.
The scan revealed that her cancer has not spread anywhere. It also showed that the new chemo she is taking is working. The left side of her liver is growing new tissue to replace cancerous tissue throughout her liver.
Wow!!! Seems that prayers are being answered. Although she is not cured of the disease, it seems that the chemo is doing its job by cutting off the blood vessels that feed the cancer. I will try to keep you updated on her progress.
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Please keep them coming.




8 comments:

david santos said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nancy said...

Excellent News!!
Keep the Faith

Sarah D said...

Awesome news!!!

Good news like this must be so uplifting for you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Manda---that is fantastic news. I will continue to keep Lisa in my prayers!!

Jess said...

Good News! Your mom continues to be in our prayers!

Unknown said...

Now thats the kind of good news I like to hear.

Jamee said...

I am so happy for all of you.

Amanda M said...

Thanks for the well wishes and your continued prayers. We know she is definately not out of the woods, but this is amazing news.