Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I Got a JOB!!!!


For the past year I have been without a job. My husband and In-Laws were nice enough to let me stay home to get my general classes out of the way to make it easier while I am in the nursing program. We have decided that it would be in my best interest to try to get a part time job at a hospital in order to get my foot in the door.
The lady at Memorial was very nice and tried desperately to get me a clerical position. There unfortunately were none available right now so she asked me if I would be willing to work in their coffee shop for a short time until they could find another position for me.
In the summer I will be taking the Fundamentals of Nursing class and after that they will put me on the floor as a CNA. I am very lucky to have gotten this kind of opportunity in this area. They normally do not find a job for just anyone. My husband fortunately had a little pull with the Hospital president.
Not only will I be making a decent wage, but they also offer tuition reimbursement for part time employees. This helps us out tremendously. I have to work there for nine months after I graduate. If they do not have an open position I don't even have to pay the money back. A win-win situation for me.
I can't wait to get back in the work force again. I just hope I will be able to find the time to study.

6 comments:

Sarah D said...

Congrats Amanda!

You will do great!

Hopefully it is a place where people will leave tips--you will clean up!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Congratulations Manda!

Do you get all the free coffee you want?

Amanda M said...

I hope so...they may not like me all jacked up on coffe though!

Rebekah said...

Way to go, Amanda! We are so proud of you!

Christina said...

WAY TO GO! That's awesome! :-)

Jess said...

Congratulations!! You will do well:)