Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Body Worlds 3

For my birthday my Mother-in-Law got me tickets to go see Body Worlds 3. Thank you Linda!!!!! For those of you who do not know what this is here is a brief overview.

BODY WORLDS features more than 200 authentic human specimens preserved through Plastination, including whole bodies, individual organs, and transparent body slices. Plastination is a process that halts the decay of the human body by replacing fats and liquids with a polymer solution to enhance the study and understanding of anatomy. The exhibit offers visitors an in-depth view of the intricately designed human body, comparative anatomy showing wellness and disease, and the mysterious world of the brain.

This display is at the St. Louis Science Center until March. Not only do I get to see this display (which I have wanted to see for a VERY long time), but I get extra credit in my Anatomy class just for going. So I kill two birds with one stone.








2 comments:

JenniJones said...

that is so awesome! have a good time. i have been trying and trying to get Jason to take me and he won't do it. so have a good time for me too. lol

Rebekah said...

Payton just came home last night and told me that her 6th grade class is taking a field trip to see this! she is a little grossed out by it but she is psyched about a field trip!