Thursday, January 10, 2008

Chance Meeting

My father-in-law took me to the Fox to see High School Musical. It was really good and I had a wonderful time. The singing and dancing reminded me of when I was in High School and preformed in musicals myself.

It was raining when we arrived so Bud dropped me off at the front door and said he would meet me in the lobby. I was standing in the lobby looking out to see all the young kids swarm in when I noticed this man wearing what I call a warm up suit. It was blue and white and he was wearing a hat to match. When I looked at him I knew there was something very familiar about his face. I kept looking and finally realized it was Albert Pujols. ALBERT PUJOLS right in front of me. I walked out the door and went behind him as he was trying to enter the door and said Mr. Pujols. He turned around and said, "Nice to meet you" and shook my hand. He then said, "Excuse me, but I need to go help my wife." I wanted to ask him for an autograph so bad, but I knew he was there with his family and probably did not want to be bothered as I am sure he gets that all the time.

I shook hands with Albert Pujols. How crazy is that? For those of you who may be saying who in the world is this man...He is the first baseman for the St. Louis Cardinals. I did get a picture of him helping his wife and family across the street, but cannot get sent from my cell to my email to download it. I am working on that so maybe I will have a picture soon.

It was awesome to rub elbows with a celebrity!!! This is one reason why I love STL baby!

4 comments:

tz said...

Hanna will be so jealous. She is all about High School Musical!! She has everything HSM imaginable - even a musical toothbrush!! I'll have to tell Tony about your Pujols sighting!!

Amanda M said...

It was a really good time. I didn't really know anything about it so I wasn't sure what to expect.

Sarah D said...

Your father-in-law sounds like a really good guy!

That is so neat that he took you to see HSM!

Amanda M said...

He is a good guy. I am very lucky!